200 yards up from the magnificent sandy beach, Avocet is a huge, split-level, detached house, facing south with sensational panoramic views over the bay to Burgh Island and the coastline beyond.
Enjoy this luxurious 6 bedroom self-catering accommodation, available for rental year-round on a weekly basis. With a stunning contemporary design, this seaside home is both stylish and superbly comfortable. It also uses cutting-edge eco-friendly technology, in order to leave the smallest of carbon footprints.
A huge light-filled glossy white Kitchen/Dining room with granite worktops and a central island (ceramic hob), It includes the oven, combi-microwave, dishwasher, and fridge-freezer, as well as Nespresso coffee maker and food processor. Also a fully fitted Utility room with washing machine, tumble drier, and second freezer, larder fridge & dishwasher. The 12 seater dining area flows through to the fabulous Living room.
Settle down on the large sofas and watch your favourite programmes and films on the 55″ OLED TV/DVD/Blu-ray/PVR…made even cosier in winter with a woodburner.
- Also on this level, large Games Room with Pool Table, TV, DVD, Wii and numerous board games.
- On the seaward side, a lovely garden with swing seat paved suntrap patio and elevated terrace both with barbecues.
- A large 6-person Hot Tub, perfect for lazy afternoons, or a relaxing evening with a fabulous sunset.
- From the hall, open tread oak stairs lead you up to the impressive Master double (6’ bed, TV/DVD) with walk-in dressing/cot room and large en suite bathroom (free standing bath plus separate walk-in rain shower and hand-shower attachment, twin washbasins, loo). The bedroom has panoramic views of the coast from floor-to-ceiling windows (door to small balcony).
- On the same level as the main living rooms, a generous sized bedroom with Double (6’ bed) and TV with large en suite bathroom (walk-in rain shower with hand-shower attachments, twin washbasins, loo)
- Stairs from the Hall lead down to enormous second Master Double (6’ bed, TV) with large en suite bathroom (bath, separate walk-in rain shower with hand-shower attachments, twin washbasins, loo). This bedroom has sea views with big sliding glazed doors to the garden.
- A stylish Twin (zip-linkable to 6’ double), with en suite bathroom (combined bath/rain shower with hand-shower attachments) also facing the sea with sliding glazed doors to the garden.
- A further very smart twin bedroom (zip-linkable to 6’ double) with en suite rain shower-room.
- Large bedroom has twin beds with en suite bathroom (combined bath/rain shower and hand-shower).
Guest feedback:- “Bigbury-on-Sea is, in my opinion, the perfect English seaside destination. Wonderful unspoilt beach and views, great for walking and sea sports. Avocet put the icing on the cake-what a beautiful house. The owners have equipped it with everything you need and more. Ideal, quiet location with plenty of parking. Our whole extended family had plenty of room – spacious bedrooms, games room and hot tub in the large garden. We all loved it and I can’t rate it highly enough” (see more feedback)