Sitting on the hill in Bigbury on Sea overlooking the sea are three properties that are newly built or refurbished with impressive ‘green credentials’
We recognise the consumption of finite resources is unsustainable and the burning of fossil fuels may cause an increase in global temperatures with unpredictable consequences for climate, sea levels, food production and water supply. We want to reduce the contribution running our business may make to those changes and provide an informative service for our guests who wish to holiday in an environmentally sensitive way. So we’ve tried to develop holiday homes with features which help them make less impact on the environment.
The three properties in Bigbury on Sea have the following credentials
- Solar Panels for heating the Hot Water.
- Photo Voltaic Panels for generating electricity.
- Air Source Heat Pumps to avoid Devon’s dependence on oil.
- Underfloor heating.
- Triple and double glazing.
- Fully insulated walls and lofts.
- Rain Water Harvesting for flushing the loos and watering the garden.
- Large South facing windows for solar gain.