The top ten things to do while on holiday in Bigbury on Sea
- Visit Agatha Christies’ own holiday home – ‘Greenways’. Take the ferry from Dartmouth.
- Ride the famous Sea Tractor to Burgh Island at High Tide & climb to the top of the island for a magnificent 360 degree view next to the Huer’s Hut.
- Walk the South West Coastal Path to Arymer Cove & eat a traditional Pub lunch at the 13th Century ‘Journeys End’ in Ringmore.
- Walk beside the Avon River & see the Oyster beds. Sample them at the Oyster Shack Restaurant nearby.
- Visit the Castle & walk the walls of Totnes. Have coffee in one of the local Coffee shops – Totnes have banned all “chain” coffee shops!
- Visit Buckfast Abbey & soak up the monastic atmosphere – try the Abbey’s delicious honey produced in the grounds.
- Enjoy a nostalgic cruise by coal fired Paddle Steamer along the lower reaches of the River Dart, where the sounds and smells will transport you back in time.
- Visit the famous Yachting centre at Salcombe & browse the unique collection of local shops.
- Tour Sharpham Vineyard and sample the wine and cheese.
- Dinner, Dance and Dress at the fabulous art deco Burgh Island Hotel made famous in the 1930’s by guests including Noel Coward. Dance the night away every Wednesday & Saturday but don’t forget the black tie!
See also “Not to be missed” for Children and “Not to be missed” for the more Adventurous