The top ten things to do with children while on holiday in Bigbury on Sea
- Build a traditional sandcastle on the fantastic beach & defy the incoming tide.
- Join the surfing brigade & take a beginners lesson from the Discovery Surf School.
- Canoe up the Avon River & explore the estuary looking for local wildlife, with Singing Paddles.
- Cuddle the farm animals at the South West’s biggest farm attraction – Pennywell Farm.
- Ride the famous Sea Tractor at High tide to Burgh Island, & climb to the Huers Hut at the top of the island for a magnificent 360 degree view.
- Walk the coastal path to Arymer Cove & build a dam where the stream crosses the beach trying to reach the sea.
- Experience a morning ‘close up’ with the Otters at Buckfastleigh & visit the ‘tropics’ in the Butterfly house.
- Enjoy the sounds and sights of the Steam Age by taking an exciting Steam Train ride down the lovely Dart valley from Buckfastleigh.
- Take the Rivermaid ferry from Kingsbridge down the estuary to Salcombe. Explore Salcombe while eating a ‘Salcombe Dairy’ ice cream!
- Walk to the beach at Challaborough Bay & enjoy some Fish and Chips from Fryer Tuck’s.
Back to “Not to be Missed” in Bigbury on Sea
On to “Not to be Missed” for the Adventurous in Bigbury on Sea